Washtucna School Board’s next regular meeting is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, September 28, 2021.
This meeting will be held in-person and online via zoom.
Zoom meeting invite information is available by calling the
school office at (509) 646-3211 x121 before 3 p.m., or
sending a request by email to Katie Lasen at
FBLA Pizza Sales
Pizza Sales will resume on
October 7, 2021
Washtucna School District is seeking a full time Teacher to teach Spanish and other subjects determined by qualifications of the applicant for the 2021-22 school year. Click here for posting.
Mrs. Hille's Art Show
May 28, 2021
Graduating Class of 2021
WASHTUCNA SCHOOL DISTRICT #109
730 E. Booth Ave. Washtucna, WA 99371
Parents and Guardians of Washtucna School District Students
This is to inform you of the School Districts Pesticide Usage Plan on school property.
Each year this letter will be posted on the website and updated as needed as the rules and regulations change regarding pesticide notification and usage,
1. The District will post at the office and in the main entrance of the school, notification of the intent to use pesticides 48 hours prior to applications inside or on the grounds of District property.
2. The District will post at all entrances to areas treated, the pesticide name and the pest to be treated, a contact person, phone number, date and time the pesticide was applied. This notification will remain posted for a period of 24 hours after application is completed.
3. For EMERGENCY applications, such as wasps or ant infestation the District will make an immediate application for safety reasons and then post as mentioned above leaving the notice up for 24 hours.
4. The District will provide a list of pesticides used for parent/guardian information upon request. This is located in the District office.
5. The District will provide a form to fill out to any concerned parent/guardian who wishes to be notified before and planned pesticide applications are made. This will not apply to emergency applications as it must be done right away for safety reasons but will be posted for 24 hours after application.
6. The District does not list or notify for the use of cleaning products used in everyday cleaning. Although these are all approved cleaning agents they do kill germs which make them a pesticide. All cleaning agent labels are read and used in accordance to label information by the District's employees.
For further information please feel free to contact the Washtucna School District at 509-646-3211 ext. 131 for Carol Blauert
Because COVID-19 closed our schools, your children may be eligible for food assistance, called Pandemic EBT (P-EBT): Emergency School Meals Program.
P-EBT provides families with funds to make up for the cost of meals while school was closed. This benefit is for Washington children in grades k-12 who receive free or reduced-price school meals. These benefits will be on an Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card, which is used like a debit card to buy groceries.
If your family has lost income since schools closed, you may be eligible for free or reduced-price school meals.
Every eligible child may receive up to a maximum of $399 of P-EBT. Immigration status does not matter for P-EBT – it is not Basic Food and will not count in a public charge test. P-EBT is intended to replace meals missed while schools closed due to COVID-19. Children are allowed to get free meals from school and community sites and get P-EBT at the same time – they are separate programs.
If your family does not receive Basic Food, you must apply for P-EBT if you want to receive the funds. The application will be open by June 30. There are two ways to apply:
See the attached flyer for more information about P-EBT.
We want to make sure all of our students stay healthy and grow strong.
Washtucna School District
USDA Nondiscrimination Statement
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
Check out our Facebook page,
Many programs for the children in our schools are provided at no cost to you. Our schools offer special programs such as speech therapy, physical and occupational therapy, Title/LAP and special education academic programs and preschool classes to children three years and older. Developmental screening and/or comprehensive assessments for children who are suspected of having a disability which could adversely affect their educational development are available at no cost to you. These services are available for persons between the ages of birth through 21 years age. Appointments or further information can be obtained by contacting the school office at 509-646-3401.
Definition of absence
The Washtucna School District #109 complies with all federal rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Inquiries regarding compliance procedures may be directed to the school district's Title IX Officer Luke Glidden; Section 504 Coordinator Pam Kraft; and Civil Rights Compliance Coordinator Todd Spear and 730 E. Booth Avenue, Washtucna, WA 99371; 509-646-3237.